Up coming events
boneArtis AG: the smart alternative to joint replacement – reconstruction with innovative tissue engineering
Today, osteoarthritic joints are routinely replaced in a standard procedure with artificial parts. boneArtis offers the only alternative to an artificial joint with a reconstruction of the original joint. For 80 – 90% of all patients receiving an artificial knee or ankle joint boneArtis can provide in most cases a superior solution. Besides the proven therapeutic advantages for the patient, hospitals and insurances may realize economic benefits.
The boneArtis Group’s parent company and headquarter is located in Brunnen at the Lake Lucerne in Switzerland and is the Groups ceramic manufacturing facility.
boneArtis AG in Munich, Germany is a subsidiary and represents the global sales unit for the boneArtis Group.
medArtis AG in Munich is responsible for the Groups medical registration and approval processes.
boneArtis manufactures the patented ceramic products for bone and joint reconstruction. The innovative ceramics also provide the basis for orbital implants for the artificial eye of Bausch and Lomb, the world market leader. Furthermore the boneArtis Group manufactures and distributes medical devices according to the ISO EN 13485 certificates. The Group also developed a patented ceramic injection molding process, CE marked and FDA cleared. A new manufacturing unit has been opened in 2013 to increase the capacity and to expand for drug delivery devices.
boneArtis Group signed an agreement with ZOW Munich (Center of Orthopaedic Sciences Munich) for applied research and continuous educational programs for joint reconstructions and ceramic biomaterials.
Our Services and Products
SDI – Surgical Diamond Instruments:
- Surgical Diamond Instruments for reconstruction instead of joint replacement – osteoarthritis
- Surgical Diamond Instruments for bone dowelling
- Surgical Diamond Instrumentation for ligament repair
- Surgical Diamond Instrumentation for hopeless cases:
- last chance for high level athletics to return to sport activity
- the only chance for children and young adults to save joint function in osteochondritis dissecans
- the golden standard to treat osteo-cartilage fragments
- last chance to re-unite non-unions in fracture treatment
Advanced bioceramic bone substitutes and implants:
- pure hydroxyapatite implants
- pure ß-tricalciumphosphate implants
both providing high strengths of the material
- NSSC (Net Shaped Sintered Ceramics) patented
- Unique patented ceramics for primary cancellous bone formation:
Ceraball® – MCB® (Micro-chambered beads)
- ceramic drug delivery systems